What information does Dronesafe collect about me?
Dronesafe ID, registration and customer support
When you register to use a Dronesafe website or application, create a Dronesafe ID, or contact us for support or other offerings, Dronesafe collects information that identifies you. This may include your name, company name, email address, or billing information. We may also sometimes collect other information that does not identify you, such as your job title or industry. Some of this information is required and other information is optional. To help keep our databases current and to provide you the most relevant content and experiences, we may combine information from you with information from public sources and our trusted partners, in accordance with applicable law. For example, from these sources, we may learn the company size and industry of our business customers.
Dronesafe websites and applications
We collect information about how you use our websites and applications, including when you use an application feature that takes you online. We may collect information that your browser or device typically sends to our servers whenever you visit a Dronesafe website, or when a Dronesafe application feature takes you online. For example, your browser or device may tell us your IP address (which may tell applications by using cookies and similar technologies, and our servers may collect similar information when you are logged in to the website or application).
Dronesafe product activation and automatic updates
When you activate your Dronesafe product or registration, we collect certain information about your device, the Dronesafe product, and your product version. Some of our products include features that connect to our servers and offer you the ability to install updates to the product. We may keep track of information such as whether the update was successful or not.
Emails we send you may include a web beacon that tells Dronesafe whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked a link within the email. If you do not want us to collect this information from Dronesafe marketing emails, you can opt out of receiving Dronesafe marketing emails.
Dronesafe online advertising
Dronesafe advertises online in a variety of ways, including displaying Dronesafe ads to you across the Internet on websites and in apps. We collect information about which ads are displayed, which ads are clicked on, and on which web page the ad was displayed.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
Dronesafe social networking pages and social sign-on services
Dronesafe has its own pages on many social networking sites (for example, the Dronesafe LinkedIn page). You may also be able to sign in to a Dronesafe website or application using a social networking account, such as a Facebook account. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages or use these sign-on features.
How does Dronesafe use the information it collects about me?
Dronesafe uses the information we collect about you in a number of ways, such as:
- Providing you with the Dronesafe websites and applications for which you have registered, as well as any services, support, or information you have requested
- Better understanding how our websites and applications are being used so we can improve them
- Diagnosing problems in our websites and applications
- Tailoring a website, application, or Dronesafe marketing to your likely interests
- Sending you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your subscription
- Sending you information about Dronesafe, new application releases, special offers, and similar information
- Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Reducing fraud, software piracy, and protecting our customers as well as Dronesafe
- As further described for a specific Dronesafe website or application
What are cookies and how does Dronesafe use them?
Does Dronesafe share my personal information?
Dronesafe works with companies that help us run our business. These companies provide services such as delivering customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies have access to some of your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf. They are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
Dronesafe may also share your personal information:
- When you agreed to the sharing.
- With our resellers and other sales partners if you are a business customer and agreed to receive Dronesafe marketing communications. Note that we do not share personal information about consumers with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless the consumer agreed to that sharing.
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process.
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or applications against attacks, or protect the property and safety of Dronesafe, our customers and users, or the public.
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, we sell a Dronesafe website, application, or business unit or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information will likely be one of the assets that are transferred.
We may share or publish aggregate information that doesn’t specifically identify you, such as statistical information about visitors to our websites or statistical information about how customers use our applications and hosted services.
Is my personal information displayed anywhere on Dronesafe’ websites or applications?
To remove content you have shared on our websites and applications, please use the same website or application feature you used to share the content. If another user invites you to participate in shared viewing, editing, or commenting of content, you may be able to delete your contributions, but usually the user that invited you has full control. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact us.
Is my personal information secure?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Dronesafe cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Where does Dronesafe store my personal information?
Your personal information and data files are stored on Dronesafe’ servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be transferred across national borders because we have servers located worldwide and the companies we hire to help us run our business are located in different countries around the world.
How can I review, update, or delete my personal information?
Many of our websites and applications allow you to edit your personal information by accessing the “my account,” “my profile,” or similar feature of the website or application you are using.
If you want to delete your Dronesafe ID account, please email your request to email@example.com. Note that we need to retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons and that some of your information may remain on backup systems, in compliance with applicable law.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and applications you are eligible to use with your Dronesafe ID, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements.
Will Dronesafe market to me?
The Dronesafe family of companies and companies we hire to help us market our websites and applications on our behalf may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to Dronesafe. We give you choices regarding our marketing practices.
Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
If you have a privacy question or complaint, please contact us at
C/- The Institute for Drone Technology
420 Victoria Street
Brunswick VIC 3056, Australia
1800 DroneTech(1800 376638)